Get Relief from Jaw Pain
Smiling, swallowing, chewing, and yawning shouldn’t cause you pain and discomfort. If it does, you may experience the symptoms of TMJ disorder.
The good news is there is treatment available to help you get back to living life comfortably. Our team can assess your symptoms, determine the cause, and recommend treatment options for you.
Get relief today! Visit us for a detailed exam.Schedule an Appointment
What Is TMJ Disorder?
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) connects your jaw to your skull. This joint functions as a sliding hinge, allowing your mouth to open, close, and move side to side. When the joint isn’t functioning correctly, it can result in TMJ disorders (TMD).
TMD can create pain in your jaw and surrounding muscles, which can be caused by stress or other factors, including:
- Teeth grinding
- Teeth clenching
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
The symptoms of TMJ disorder can range from mild to severe and affect the comfort of your day-to-day life. These symptoms include:
- Jaw pain or tenderness
- Trouble opening and closing your mouth
- Neck pain
- Clicking, grinding, or popping when chewing
Determining the cause of your TMJ pain or discomfort can help us create a strategy to alleviate your symptoms. Your dentist can recommend proper treatment for you by performing a detailed exam and taking X-rays.
Treatments can include:
- Relaxation techniques
- Gentle massage and stretching
- Avoiding hard or sticky foods
- Botox injections
- Correcting your bite through orthodontics
- Medication for inflammation and pain
- Wearing a nightguard or bite plate to help your jaw joints relax
You can find us off Moberly Rd., right on the seawall. Our clinic is fully wheelchair accessible with a beautiful view of the water.
- 676A Leg In Boot Square
- Vancouver, BC V5Z 4B4
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed